read my mind

Sunday, November 14

It's probably silly to blog about this at this time, but I just felt I should do it. This post is about Britney's greatest hits album, which I purchased on Monday.

I guess what I want to say here is that getting the album and DVD has made me realise why I became a fan. It's not just because I find her music enjoyable, it's also because she has so much life and zest in her. I deeply admire that, and there's been many a time when I've wished I had even a fraction of her spirit. Listening to the older songs, revisiting her videos has made me nostalgic. I remember those times in secondary school, when I first became interested in her, spotting her in a montage made to promote some timeslot for teens. I remember going to the store at Junction 8 one afternoon after school to look for 'Oops!', but it wasn't there; I went back later that night to get it. I remember going again to the store after my Higher Chinese 'O' Level Paper to get 'Britney'; I remember that it was during the 'A' Levels that I got 'In The Zone'...

Being a fan is not about watching Britney's every move, it's not about agreeing with everything she says, or about slamming people who slam her. It's a process where you grow with her, where sometimes your situations may mirror hers, where you can relate to her songs and feel that you're not alone. I've realised that whatever Britney may do in the future with her career, I will still have a soft spot for her and probably support her in any way I feel is in my means.

Well there, my post is done...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home