read my mind

Sunday, September 18

Was talking with a BMT platoon mate, and our conversation led me to this question: must the relationship between a guy and a girl only be romantic? Certainly that's not the case for me; my clique consists of 5 girls and 3 guys. Then I watch Friends and that's not exactly the case there either. Of course, Ross & Rachel and Chandler & Monica did fall in love, but thankfully, the writers didn't have Joey & Phoebe hook up; what would that say about platonic friendships?

So why do most people think that when you mention a person of the opposite sex, it almost absolutely has to be because you're interested in him or her? Or am I just weird to think that a purely platonic relationship can exist between a guy and a girl?

1 comment(s):

well i'm thinking that most probably it's the guys that think about being in a relationship with their female friends... for me i haf tot abt it, but not realli to the point where i liked them in tt way...
perhaps the girls think abt it, but they probably don develop feelings in tt way...
i don realli noe if wat i said makes sense... heh

By Blogger Ryan, at 7:08 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home