read my mind

Tuesday, August 2

Surprised again.

After lunch yesterday, my warrant officer called all the guys into the office, even the civilian contractors. I thought it was going to be some meeting to settle some working procedures, but when I went in (I was last to go in), the warrant officer said, 'How, come and cut the cake!' I was really taken by surprise, and felt kind of abashed and embarrassed as they sang me the birthday song, both in English and Mandarin. Honestly, I hadn't expected this, and am quite thankful for it.

Today, I received a call from Reva, and found out that she was headed for Bugis to get her copy of 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'. I decided to meet her there. It was great fun catching up, and she got me 'Ursula, Under' by Ingrid Hill! She even paid for some of my lunch. Thanks, Reva! We headed to the National Library Branch building, where we basically got lost for a while. I borrowed 4 books on writing; hope I can finish them all by the deadline. Reva and I planned to meet again for badminton with Howe Yuan, but later on she had to cancel. Either way, thanks again Reva! It was great hanging out.

Met Howe Yuan in the evening for a jog; I reckon we did pretty well. He got me KT Tunstall's 'Eye To The Telescope'! I love the two singles from the album; thanks man! We then headed for dinner at Junction 8, and got a half-off discount from Mrs. Fields, thanks to Howe Yuan. Haha.

My birthday has been pretty different this year from the previous years. For one, I've never exercised on my birthday, heh. Also, I don't believe I've had so many separate celebrations before this year. Once again, thanks for all this love that I'm feeling from y'all, really appreciate it, and I'm feeling really blessed.

Now, I'm looking forward to this weekend, when I'm going to be celebrating my birthday with Cindy's, with all my beloved urbanites! Nothing beats bitching over a cosy, comfortable meal with the ones you love the most.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home