read my mind

Saturday, May 2

A victory for diversity today! I'm really glad we were able to witness the making of history. There are so many repercussions with the whole AWARE issue, so I think we really ought to look more into what was at stake should we (me in spirit, no allowed to vote) have allowed the new Exco to remain in office. The fact that this Extraordinary General Meeting was allowed to take place itself is proof that the government can leave the people to make their own decisions. And the decision was made. It was not a unanimous vote; all the better for it, 'cause it shows that people can and have chosen what they think is best for them.

I'm especially glad that I took Feminism this semester. It's great to know our professors in school also care about the issue. Thank you Prof Sankaran, Prof Holden, and even Prof Whalen-Bridge! This is what an education in literature can do for us. I am proud to be a literature major.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home